Friday, July 6, 2012

Pinewood Derby

My calling not only consist of teaching sharing time for the Primary children at church, but I am also over the Cub Scouts. I don't do much with them. I pretty much let the cub master do as he pleases. He will call on my every now and again to help him. When he called me to help decorate for the pinewood derby I was extactic. These races are always so much fun. I had already been doing research for my sons birthday party, so a lot of my work was done for me.
Pit stop station. Sorry no close ups of the food. But I had everything labeled. We had:
Fruit cars (apple slices with grapes stuck on for wheels)
Wheelie Pasta Salad (wheel shaped pasta)
Dipsticks (choc. dipped pretzel rods)
spare tires (choc. donuts)
hub caps and lube oil (nachos and cheese)
tools (silver ware
gas (ginger ale)
oil (root beer)
hot dogs (pistons)

I stacked boxes up so we could show off our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. I also had made a sign for the "sign in" table that also looked like this one.
I came up with the idea of having a station for the little brothers and sisters who came to help keep the occupied since they couldn't race. It was a car toss. I bought cheap cars from the dollar store and had them toss them in the buckets. I had planned on having a real spare tire they could toss them in, but I wasn't strong enough to pick one of them up to transport it. So buckets had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment