Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Gifts

Today was the last day of school before the holiday break. Of course we had to come bearing gifts. I had some flash back moments of things I have found while blog hopping. I thought it was about time that I made something that I've actually posted on this blog. I thought for the teachers I would do the Crayon Monogramming frames found at this old post. She made her's with the teacher's initial, but I wanted the gift to go to both the teacher and her assistance, so I decided to do their room number instead. That way they could hang it out on their wall to give it character instead of having your plain,boring, ugly, brown plaque that they put out to label all the doors. Here is what I came up with...
A1 is Anthony's classroom and KF is Isabel's classroom. I think they were a big hit, because Isabel's teacher actually started crying and hung it up right away. Another teacher walked in and saw how cute they were and said she wanted to put an order in for me to make her one too.
Yes, I did make them 2 different styles. Anthony wanted his with more chunky letters and Isabel wanted to keep it sleek and simple. Either way is cute.
Now for the wrapping...
I had another flash back from this post and thought it would make a perfect bow to top my present box off with. Who doesn't like M&M (many & many) Thanks!

For the kids it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Everybody has seen them before. Its the famous Reindeer Candy Canes. But I added a twist. We made reindeer food to go along with them. That way they could sprinkle some in the yard on Christmas Eve for the reindeer to snack on while Santa is putting presents under the tree. How do you make reindeer food? I'm glad you asked.They eat practically anything you have in your pantry. What I had on stock...Peanuts, oats, parsley (for flakes of grass), red & green sprinkles, and for the magic touch, some confetti and silver pixie dust (glitter) to help give them power to fly.
Mix it all up in a zip lock bag and shake. I tried mix it in a bowl, but all the glitter stuck to the sides. It didn't work, but some how shaking it in a bag did. Transfer them into little mini ziplock bags you find in the jewelry making section at walmart.
Print off direction sheets, so the kids will know what to do with it and slide it into the bag. Lastly, tie on your reindeer candy canes and VOILA!
Anthony wanted blue and white Reindeer
And Isabel wanted Rainbow ones.
The kids enjoyed their Christmas Party at school. And they loved to pass out their little treats that they made for their friends. Happy Holidays! Enjoy the break

2 comments:

  1. The crayon frames turned out SO cute!!! I will have to save this idea for the future for sure!! I love the reindeer food idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you liked them. The crayon frames were a little harder than it looked. Its a lot of cutting and placing and replacing trying to find the right fit. Isabel's was the easy way out. Just a few crayons with a simple sleek look.

    I originally was going to make one for each one of my kids to go in their playroom. I thought it would have added a nice touch to the room

    ReplyDelete