Sunday, December 19, 2010

Church Christmas Party

At the beginning of the month we had our church's Christmas party. I was in charge of decorating. Our theme was "Give S'more" When you think of s'mores you think of a warm toasted fire. So here is the one I madeI went by an appliance warehouse and got a refrigerator cardboard box that they were throwing away. I cut a hole for an opening and spray painted it red and added some brown lines for bricks. I stacked some wood logs like I was going to make a fire. Our church doesn't allow real fires in the building, so I wrapped white lights around the logs and stuffed with red and orange tissue paper.
Then for the tables I had them lined with mini fires as well. Here is a closer look. I just made a skinny rectangle box, painted it brown, and stuffed with some more red and orange tissue paper. (If you want more exact measurements of the boxes I will post a tutorial later.) In between each fire box we had our little "Give S'more" handouts for the sisters to take home when they were done eating.You might remember these from my previous post. I just packaged mine a little differently. I also thought that a Hot Chocolate Bar would be good to keep us warm by the fire. Some ingredients we had...crushed Ande's mints, peppermint sticks, orange peelings, chocolate covered spoons, and of course marshmallows. I also had flavored creamers, but I forgot to pull them out until later after I already took the picture. The flavorings were vanilla, gingerbread, & sugar and spice.
The whole bar picture. My favorite combination was the crushed Ande's mints stirred with a peppermint stick. Mmmmm....
We had a beautiful musical number done by some very talented sisters in our ward. I had never seen a harp in real life before so I was excited
Here are the sisters caught in action. The pictures don't do the room justice. All of the lights were cut off except for one set. The room had a warm glow with all of the christmas lights surrounding around everywhere.

Remember this Holiday Season that you can never GIVE enough. There is always room to "Give S'more" Merry Christmas to all

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE how everything turned out!!!! I bet the lights were amazing. I like your chocolate covered spoons...I'm going to steal that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative!! I had no idea you had a craft blog - how fun yeahh!!!!! Was that Beth in your picture??? Seeing that made me miss you guys & I wish i was in your ward too. Must have been an amazing musical number to go along w/ the fab. ambiance you created. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, yes that is Beth in the picture. She is such a fabulous singer we couldn't let her just sit in the audience. We had to make her come out in the spot light. We miss you guys too. Del Rio had such a wonderful group of friends.

    I know I kept my craft blog kind of private. It was kind of just for me to help me keep all my good finds in one place, and wouldn't get lost in the wonderful world wide web. But then I thought I should share my good finds with everybody else too. I know everybody loves a good craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! I love how the fire boxes resembled the flowers that you typically see on tables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys did so great! You are amazing and have I said how grateful I am to have you on our committee. You are the bomb.com. Great job! Looking forward for what's to come this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH i had no idea that you took pictures of this. It did turn out great.

    ReplyDelete