Friday, January 7, 2011

Button Bracelet

My daughter starts her first Ice Skating lessons tomorrow so we were trying to figure out a way on how to do her hair to keep it out of her face. We came up with a french braid that starts at the top and up the back and ends up in the middle. We cut some ribbon to tie off her crazy hair knots. I will post a tutorial on the hair-do later. Anyways, we were trying to figure out what to do with the left over ribbon.

We came up with a bracelet...
First, I took the ribbon and measured it around her wrist. Then took an old button I had laying around and sewed it onto one end.
Then I folded the ribbon over to measure how long the button was, Then cut a hole big enough for it to fit through
Again, fold the tip of the ribbon so both of the cut ends of your slit are puffing out. Take a lighter and singe the cut. That way your ribbon will not fray later on.And there you have it folks. A matching bracelet to go along with her hair ties.I say this chick-a-D is ready for some ice skating. She has her hair done and a nice accessory to go along with it. I don't think my daughter could get anymore ExCiTeD?

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea...so cute! However, the cutest thing on this post is Isabel!!!! She reminds me of Noah with all of her expressive faces! She has got a load of personality!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is Such a Cutie. Loved the lst picture!

    ReplyDelete