Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine Dessert Stand

This is my last Valentine's Post I promise. I don't know who I am suppose to give credit to for this idea. The blog world has been swamped with all kind of platter making. I have no idea where it originated from. Once again this was one of the things that I made for our February activity for church, but like I said it got canceled. I still want to preserve my ideas. So here is my creations on the Valentine Stands. They were suppose to be for the dessert table.
I grabbed some heart plates, bowls, and little flower vases. I started with a plate and hot glued one of the vases to it. I used hot glue, because it made it sturdy enough to hold for a little while. Later on after I wash them I can peel them off of each other and store easily. If you want them to be permanently stuck like that use a stronger glue.
I made several different varieties. It adds more character to the table when there are different heights and levels. My first was a short one plate with a bowl on top. Cost to make: $2.15
Second. A little taller with 2 plates. I liked having the bowl underneath the second plate. It gives it more detail and adds height. Cost to make: $2.85
Lastly, the 3 tier. 2 plates with a bowl on top. I still had the other bowl underneath the 2nd plate like in the previous picture. I just added another vase and bowl on top of the 2nd plate. Cost to make: $4.25

I bought these plates the day after Valentine's so I got them for 1/2 off. Having your activity after the actual holiday has its perks. I love catching sales

1 comment: