Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who Knew?

All month we have been preparing for our church's R.S. Birthday Celebration. Tonight was finally the BIG night. Our Activity Organizer, Sis. Gubler, came up with the idea of wanting to play Family Feud. I love games, so of course I was on board with this idea. She put me in charge of coming up with a gift to give the sisters.
What I came up with was an owl necklace. We had 3 different designs to choose from. When they wear them they can always remember "who" they came from and "who" their sisters are. I will have a tutorial on how to make these later.
Then for refreshments Sis. Gubler found these cute little owl cupcakes in a magazine. They followed along perfectly with our "Who" theme.
We even made a bunch of little owls too
We combined everything on one table. That way when they came up to get their dessert they could also pick out their gift.
Instead of calling our game Family Feud we called it "Who Knew" Hear is Sis. Gubler as the Host and me as Vana White. Yes, I know Vana is on Wheel Of Fortune, but somebody had to pull the answer cards off and keep score
For our teams we have the COOL KIDS (who ended up being our winners)
and the ROCKIN' SOCKIN' RELIEF SOCIETYOnce we started it got competitive REAL quick. Melanie means business. She is determined to hit that buzzer first. I didn't know these ladies could get so vicious.
What? Sis. Daniel only got 4 out of the 50 votes for, "Name a sister in our Ward?" Come on people she is our Relief Society president. She should have been the #1 answer.
People kept arguing some of the answers. But Sis. Gubler is like, "Hey don't blame me. I didn't make these answers up. I called all of you! This is what y'all came up with"
The highlight of my whole night was when Rose came up to play. She was so quick to buzz the buzzer and then froze. She couldn't remember her answer for anything. She kept blaming it on old age. It was the sweetest and funniest thing of the whole night. I Love her to death. Sis. Daniel had to end up coming up and telling her an answer in her ear because she could never come up with one.

I have to say all of our hard work paid off. We had such a fun time. I love when I am able to get together with all of these wonderful ladies. "Who Knew" they could be such fun?

Now remember the question....Do you know "Who" you are? I can never forget "Who" my sisters are. They always bring a smile to my face.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I love how your game night turned out! You & Amy did an amazing job...I'm loving the "who"/owls. I will need to still this idea for a future activity for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy, you are so gorgeous! I love your hair like that. Plus, you're all tanned...and your dress is SO beautiful! Vanna has nothing on you!!! As far as the activity--it turned out great! Y'all did an awesome job. I'm glad you let me be a part of the survey. ;) Thanks for getting me thinking about "who" I am. =)

    ReplyDelete