Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leg Warmers

 With my daughter being in ice skating it is hard to dress her warmly with out her having layers layers of clothes making her look like the state puff marshmallow man. She has to wear the bear minimum so she can still move around with ease and poise. I thought what better way than leg warmers. 80's is back in style anyways right?
 As I was walking around Walmart they had a $1 rack full of clothes. I thought heck I could find something in there that I could use. I found this sweater and it sparked my mind. And so I came up with my idea.
 First cut off the sleeves right at the armpit
Then fold the end that you just cut over 2 times to make sure it doesn't end up fraying later on and sew to seal it off. Yes, my sleeves are uneven. I did not measure right on the cutting, but I was in a hurry so it had to work. And what do you know when my daughter put them on you couldn't notice, because they bunch up anyways.
There you have it folks. Leg Warmers for $1. This was a very easy project only taking about 5 minutes to make. Since this one I have made 3 more. I went back to Walmart and got all the different colors they had. I figured you couldn't pass up $1 sweaters or should I say, leg warmers.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO weird!! I am finally getting a little blog-surfing done, and yours comes up in my subscriber, so I saw this post today. A friend of mine who lives in California just did the SAME thing with a sweater, only for herself, not her kiddo ;) I think that's pretty random, but the two of you must be on to something, huh? They look super cute, but the adorable model doesn't hurt... :)

    ReplyDelete