Monday, August 1, 2011

Super Saturday Projects

I am sad to say that this past Sunday I was released from my calling as the Relief Society Enrichment Committee. I had lots of fun exploring my creative side planning all different kinds of activities for the women. Even though I will not be in charge of the Super Saturday any more I did want to go ahead and still post what I had in store for them. Even though I'm not in charge I'm sure I will still be there teaching them how to make some of this stuff. I will apologize in advance. I didn't come up with any of these ideas. I got them from blog hopping of course. The sad thing is it has been so long ago when I was searching that I have forgotten who to give credit too. Therefore I don't have tutorials for them. I'm sorry.

This year was a challenge. The bishop and R.S. President came to us asking us to make the Super Saturday projects almost ALL FREE! What? This was hard, because almost everything cost money. Especially the really cute stuff. But we took them up on their challenge and tried to find fun, simple, cute, and inexpensive crafts. This is what we came up with... We did have to throw in a few ones that cost money, but still not a lot of money.

Book Wreath: FREE 
(bring your own old book)

T-Shirt Gym Bag: Free 
 (bring your old t-shirts, time to clean out the closets)
Click here for tutorial

 
T-Shirt Scarf: Free
(Bring your old t-shirts)
Click here for tutorial

Marble Magnets: Free 
 (this one did cost a little money, but the R.S. President wanted us to chalk it up out of the R.S. budget since it doesn't cost that much)

 
Gift Tags: Free
(out of R.S. budget)
Snack or First Aid Kit Pot Holder:  cost: $2.00
Click here for tutorial

Candy Dish: cost: $5.00
Click here for tutorial (this isn't the exact one that is in the picture above, but I couldn't find this one again. But it is the same concept you just paint them different colors for the look that you are going for)
Quit Book: cost: $10.00

1 comment: