Friday, February 18, 2011

Coffe Filter Carnation

All month long I have been planning our church's February activity. Of course being the month about love. Our activity was going to be how to strengthen your marriage. I was surfing the web and came across Ashley's Craft Corner. she made these foe carnation flowers . I thought they would be a nice centerpiece for the tables and some extras to have around for the dessert table. I made a few adjustments to mine so I could call them my own. Since red is the color for Love. We decided to make all the decor red and white. It was a no brainer.
First, you start off by making an "O" with your hand
Then stuff a coffee filter in. This is where my variation came in. Ashley dipped her ends into paint and water. Paint and me don't mix, and I didn't want to wait around for them to try before I could start assembling. So I took a red permanent marker and ran it over all the edges of the coffee filter. I know the marker in the picture is green, but my kids ran off with my red one. It was the next marker closest to me at the time.
When you are done marking all the edges twist the end

and squeeze inside one of the holes of a wiffle ball. Keep repeating this step until you have half of the ball covered. Then insert into a vase, planter, box, etc. What ever you want to use. I ended up using a white gift box that you get in the party section at Wall-e world. They come in a pack of 8 for like $1. Finish off with some red ribbon and there you have it folks.

Another cheap, yet sophisticated, project accomplished. You could make 8 of these for around $3.00

Now for some bad news. I have found out that our church building will be closed that whole week of our activity, due to renovations. Therefore, our activity is canceled. Bummer, now what am I going to do with these flowers?

No comments:

Post a Comment